Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Bara's Beauty Business


Theda Bara's persona inspired perfume and beauty products.













  They were marketed through Zanol Lorens La Bara perfumer.





















Ms. Bara received a royalties from these products for her entire life.

























Sources

Craig, Joan and Stout, Beverly F., 2016, Theda Bara, My Mentor. McFarland.
Cosmetics by the American Product Company - Collecting Vintage Compacts
La Bara Bath Powder Lorens Perfumer Zanol Art Deco - Ruby Lane

2 comments:

Mim said...

I never knew Theda inspired a cosmetics line! How cool is that?

TL Harrisson said...

I just participated in a life drawing session that had a Theda Bara theme. I am so curious to know more about her. I know she wasn't as exotic as she made out, but still!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This