Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week in Review - :Links


Sophia Loren from Film Noir Photos


  • I love classic stars reading.  Pictures of modern stars reading don't really interest me because often they are reading nothing worth wasting two seconds on.  Even though many of the classic stars reading are staged, the books are often more interesting.  I've even tried to read a few myself, with some surprising finds.  Film Noir Photos features a delightful Sophia Loren reading at home.  Gorgeous!  And congrats on its Blogiversary!

Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, and Stephen Bogart(?)


Gerschwin House

  • Daytonian in Manhattan featured some more great New York buildings.  One was the home Gerschwin created some of his best known hits in.  If those walls could talk!  I also enjoyed the post about the Lost H. Bramhall Gilbert House.  Another gorgeous home lost to a boring glass skyscraper.  I hate glass buildings!  To me, they are boring, lack design, is lazy design, a waste of money, dangerous to window washers and birds, do not foster art, love, creativity, pride, posterity, or timelessness. Frankly, they are hideous. 
Lilla Brokaw Gilbert in 1899 -- Cosmopolitan Magazine, (copyright expired)




Lovely Rita

  • Leonard Maltin has an amazing series about the New and Notable Film Books of the Year.  So far there is a Part 1Part 2, and Part 3.  Almost all of them are on my Wishlist.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This