Monday, May 20, 2013

Gone With the Wind Costumes

Sketch of Scarlett's Bedroom Dress

Gone With the Wind has to be one of my favorite films of all time.  It's the first classic film I remember viewing, aside from The Wizard of Oz.  I remember when it was on local TV once a year and I would stay up with my mom and sister, we would make a huge batch of popcorn, pull out the couch-bed and stay up watching it.  A treat, mixed in with all the years of hardship.  I'm convinced it's why I love classic films today.

Scarlett's Infamous Curtain Dress
And not only that, I fell in love with the book.  Beginning in sixth grade, I decided I was going to read Gone With the Wind.  It was daunting, but I loved it.  From then on, I made a point of reading it once a year.  I haven't done it lately, but for a good ten years I did it.

Scarlett's Red Dress
So I am so pleased that these beautiful costumes have been preserved.  They are so gorgeous.  I would love to see them in person some day.  My favorite is the red dress, but who can beat the iconic Curtain Dress?  

Scarlett's Wedding Dress

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This