Monday, August 6, 2012

Missing Marilyn - 50th Anniversary of Our Loss


Marilyn Walking Off Into the Distance; 1958

Today marks the 50th anniversary of the loss of Marilyn Monroe.  She is a true icon in popular culture and film.  

Marilyn Monroe Press Conference; 1962

In my humble opinion, I find her a wonderful actress, far deeper than the image associated with her.  

Marilyn Monroe Press Conference; 1962

My favorite Marilyn Monroe performances are in Niagara, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Some Like It Hot, and How to Marry a Millionaire.

Marilyn Monroe Press Conference; 1962

Such a troubled life for a wonderful personality.  I read a fabulous essay today published a few weeks after her death by Ayn Rand.


Marilyn Monroe Press Conference; 1962

While I did not have the troubled childhood she had, I can empathize with many of Monroe's hurts which Rand clearly articulated.

Air Force Officer's Club; 1953


So on this sad anniversary, let's drink a toast to the goodness of Marilyn - her joy, her acting talent, her intellect, her beauty, and her undying spirit.  We miss you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This