Madame Sylvia's Dry Skin and Face Tips
- Remove all foreign matter very thoroughly from the surface of the skin.
- Take a piece of absorbent cotton and apply a mild face wash to the skin, instead of soap and water
- Wipe away the face wash with a soft cloth
- Follow steps 1 - 3 with a feeding cream (I imagine this must be cold cream). Pat the cream gently all over the face - do not rub it in! Pat the cream on your face until you feel the tingle of blood rising to the surface
- Leave the cream on for at least one half hour.
My personal favorite insight from Madame Sylvia: "If you have a husband or better reason for wanting to be presentable at a late hour, remove as much cream as you wish."
- In the morning, take your face wash, lave the face thoroughly and dry with a soft towel.
- You should have a good astringent lotion. Pat it gently and use it as your powder base.
*Those with dry skin should have a weekly facial massage to stimulate the skin glands.