Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Marilyn Monroe


I'm pretty sure this post needs no introduction. What did Marilyn Monroe (June 1, 1926 - August 5, 1962) wish for in 1956?



"I've been reaching for an inner tranquility all the past year. I think I have it now and I want to keep it." - I'm sorry to report that I don't think she was at peace, the poor dear.



"After I make Bus Stop, I'd like to play dramatic roles. I feel I'm ready for drama" - I think Marilyn was a much better actress than people give her credit for.



"I hope Jane Russell accomplishes what she wants with WAIF. I have a special feeling for orphans, since I was one myself". - She definitely did. One a side note, Jane Russell and her husband Robert Waterfield founded World Adoption International Fund (WAIF) in 1951 when she had been looking to adopt children (they adopted 3). WAIF assists in international adoption, with the fabulous Jane Russell as a staunch advocate. For more info on Jane's work with WAIF, check out her WIC biography.

1 comment:

k5psb said...

Hi Amanda:

Just a heads up. Many posts from your blog, including this one, have been reposted in their entirety without credit or attribution to http://guromusic.blogspot.com/ and http://pakway.blogspot.com/

I monitor this person's blogs on a regular basis since he did the same thing to me a couple of months back, and noticed that this post seemed familiar.

He will remove your content if you send him a message giving the exact links you want removed. I suggest that you look through all of his listed sites for content lifted from your blog.

All the best,

mark-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This