Monday, February 15, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Frankie Laine

What can one say about Frankie Laine? Had one hell of a voice. You may not think you have heard of him, but anyone who has seen or heard the Rawhide theme song, has heard Frankie Laine.



Frankie Laine was born born Francesco Paolo LoVecchio in Chicago, Illinois on March 30, 1913. He passed away on February 6, 2007.



Frankie had a fantastic voice.



Not exactly sure how he got "roped" into being associated so much with westerns, but pop culture can be funny that way. What were Frankie's 1956 wishes?



"Personally, I wish that my whole family - as well as myself - would keep healthy. I want this for all who are close to me."



"Professionally, I hope our TV show will be as successful as the eight weeks we have just completed. I also want to do more movies" - Frankie had a TV show, The Frankie Laine Hour in 1950, The Frankie Laine Show from 1954-1955, and Frankie Laine Time 1955-1956. He made seven films - two in 1956 - He Laughed Last for Columbia and Meet Me in Las Vegas for MGM.



"As a local citizen, I'd like to get rid of the smog. Nationally, I'd like to see communism whipped."




I love this pic. Frankie seemed like a fun guy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This