Sunday, February 14, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Deborah Kerr

What did the lovely Deborah Kerr want in 1956?


"Personally, I want to plan next year so I have more time with my husband and our two daughters."



"As an actress, I'd like to continue with the type of role I have in The Proud and the Profane. It has the same depth as my role in From Here to Eternity." - I've never seen The Proud and the Profane. Is it really as good as From Here to Eternity?




"If nations sent delegations to America, such as India did two years ago, I think these people could become better acquainted with our way of life and this would lead to greater world understanding."


Up next - Frankie Laine and Piper Laurie


2 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

These are fabulous posts about what 100 stars want in 1956. I'm sorry I've missed some of them but am going to catch up now. What excellent presentations of each of these amazing actors! So much fantastic information...Great posts! Thanks so much for putting these together!

Sophie said...

Ciao!! I'm new to your blog, but I think it's really fantastic!! (:

Ok, just so it doesn't seem weird (or it might make it seem weirder...) that I'm commenting on a post from almost 5 months ago, I'll explain. (; I have an odd habit of checking out posts about Deborah Kerr every time I find a new blog! I'm a HUGE fan of hers, so that's where my odd 'tradition' comes from!

Anyway, I just wanted to say - wonderful post! Also, The Proud and Profane is and exceptional film, in my opinion. I love it nearly as much as FHTE...and I've haven't seen it nearly as many times! If you want to watch it, I know at one point it was on youtube. However, that was quite a while ago, so it might have been taken down.

Well, I'll stop rambling now! (: Nice to meet you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This