Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - William Campbell

William Campbell was born October 30, 1926 in Newark, New Jersey and is still with us! He was sort of a B actor but he did appear in the cult film Hush..Hush Sweet Charlotte and on several episodes of varying Star Trek series including one of my favorite episodes of the original series, The Trouble with Tribbles. For a good post on William, check out Movie Morlocks. Some William Campbell trivia:

  • First wife Judith Campbell Exner professed to be a mistress of President John F. Kennedy. She was also involved with Chicago Mafia boss Sam Giancana during the period she claimed to be Kennedy's mistress.
  • William was the first actor ever to sing with Elvis. It was in the picture Love Me Tender

William Campbell's 1956 Wishes:

1. Personally, I'd like to see more of my mother. She's a wonderful person, but she lives back East.



2. I had the chance of a lifetime in the Kirk Douglas picture Man Without a Star. Professionally, I'd like another chance like that in 1956.


3. I'd like to see people living our Constitution instead of just talking about it. I believe in equality for all and I hope the time comes when we are all better citizens and better Americans because we practice what we preach.



Up next - Marge and Gower Champion and Jeff Chandler

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This