Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Richard Burton

I'm going to guess that most people know about Richard Burton, but if not, check out IMDB for a bio, but here is my favorite Burton quote: Home is where the books are. Richard Burton's 1956 wishes were:


1. "Perhaps I'd better mention what my wife wants for me - to stop buying and driving so many fast cars." - Poor guy, I love fast cars myself.


2. "Professionally, I hope to grow, to continue to learn and to study. You learn from every picture. Right now, I'm learning from my role in 'The Rains of Ranchipur'." - I've never seen The Rains of Ranchipur. Does anyone know if it's a good film?


3. "As a Welshman, may I hope that someday more people will become acquainted with the beautiful Welsh language and the lovely Welsh songs." - I don't think many people are aware of Welsh songs and language. I became a bit familiar when I was in a the play Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas in High School. I played Mrs Pugh, whose husband keeps trying to murder her. Talk about marital issues. Turns out Richard Burton performed this play on the radio quite a few times.



Up next - Corinne Calvet and William Campbell

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This