Thursday, September 17, 2009

Weird Wednesday Dog Show


Dog Shows bring out the Dog lover in all of us, and some disturbing characteristics if the film Best in Show is to be believed (Hilarious movie by the way). I happen to love watching Dog Shows, so I'm not ragging on them. The pups are just so cute!




This fun Dog Show is from 1946. Several society ladies showed off their own personal pets.



Not only that, but the animals were dressed up in costume





Don't know what's going on with this poor pup




Dachshunds in sweaters are timeless


And who doesn't love a pup in a bonnet?



Well, here is why this Dog Show was featured for Weird Wednesday. This "Birthday Cake" was presented at the dog show. Totally do not want to know what is in it.






4 comments:

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

I love these pictures of the women and they're do so funny. Hahah, I don't think I was to know what's in that dog "birthday cake".
And I agree, Best in Show is a hilarious movie.

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

Haha, it looks like canned dog food with hot dogs?!

Love those pictures, totally made my morning. Pups are just the greatest

lpm

Witchcrafted Life said...

Soooo adorable, I am a huge fan of watching dogs shows, too! I live out my dreams of owning a dog vicariously though them :D

I agree with La Petitie Mort, the "cake" resembles a tin of dog food (or maybe beef hash?) with hot dog wieners protruding out of it. Definitely not the most inviting cake to a human, but I bet the pups enjoyed it :)

Have a beautiful Thursday, hon - big hugs,
♥ Jessica

Genevieve said...

Yay! I love dog shows! I love watching the small dogs do their little run. They always look so happy : )

Yeah...not sure what is in the cake besides hot dogs. All I know is if there is chocolate in it, my dog would devour it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This