Saturday, September 5, 2009

If I Had Only One Wish . . . Esther Williams


America's Mermaid, Esther Williams, has today's quote from the October 1946 Photoplay. And would you believe that her wish is that she wants to be a fish?



"I'd wish to be reincarnated as a fish. Then I'd have a legitimate excuse for spending all my time in the water. I guess the only reasonable facsimile of that wish would be to have a huge swimming pool right outside my bedroom door, so that every morning I could climb out of bed, plunge into the water, and swim to my heart's content with nothing to interrupt me - weather or engagements or work or friends."
I think it would be cool to plunge into a pool right out of bed. Might be a little difficult if you were a sleepwalker :)




"I seem to have been born with an innate love of water, starting when I was two years old, I used to cry when my mother would take me out of the bathtub. I think I learned to swim even before I learned to walk. In high school I used to do my homework in the bathtub during the winter. Unless I spend part of the day in the water, I suffer a slight drying of the skin."
Never heard of that study method. Wonder how she didn't get her homework soaking wet. Her skin care method is also intriguing. I've always heard to stay in water as little as possible if you have dry skin. I wonder if Esther's beauty tip works.





"I have everything I want except my dream pool where I could spend several hours a day just making like a fish."
What a wonderful wish, to be able to be free and swim the day away. You have to admit, you could totally see the stunning Esther Williams as a fish.
On a side note, TCM is releasing a new Esther Williams collection of October 6, 2009. It contains the films: Thrill of a Romance, Fiesta, This Time for Keeps, Pagan Love Song, Million Dollar Mermaid, and Easy to Love. Super excited about this release. I just love the simple, sweet Esther Williams films.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment ,love the header on your page...

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a whimsical wish, I think it's rather adorable, don't you? I was a swimming (for the sake of fun not in the hopes of becoming an athlete) fanatic as a child growing up in a town with two big lakes. Had you asked me at say ten years old, I might have wishes to be a fish, too! :D


Oodles of hugs, honey!
♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

If I had to pick between vintage Esther Williams, and current olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin, I couldn't. The two sexiest, most luscious females I've ever seen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This