Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If I Had One Wish . . . Rita Hayworth

(October 1946 Photoplay)



The October 1946 Photoplay highlighted the One Wish celebrities have. Today's celebrity is my girl Rita Hayworth.


Rita's Wish: "I'd wish for a trip around the world. I'd like to be gone at least a year and just roam around without any sense of responsibility. I'd like to feel free to let my impulses take me to the farthest corners of the world, follow little known trails, to explore mysterious lands, to study foreign people, to gaze on all the wonders of Earth and man. I'd like to forget for a while that I'm Rita Hayworth and live as the natives do in each of the cities I visit.




"My mother used to tell me that I should have been an adventurer or an explorer. But ever since I began dancing when I was fourteen, I have been tied down by obligations entailed in my career and for just once in my life I would like to feel a complete sense of release to wander wherever I please."




I bet Rita would have made a terrific explorer. And don't we all wish that we could escape our troubles and obligations and just explore? I know I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to be free to go as you please...

Witchcrafted Life said...

The idea of truly being free to roam the globe however you please is hugely appealing. I can fully understand why (the ever-gorgeous) Rita picked that as her one wish.

Lovely tidbit about this glamorous lady, thank you for sharing!

Oodles of hugs,
♥ Jessica

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

That makes me love her all the more!
I have that wish as well. I always refer to it as my "Into the Wild" wish. =)

<3 lpm

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This