Thursday, September 17, 2009

Drefting Away


Feeling a bit under the weather today. Another rough day at work, so I decided to take a bit of a tub.




A trick my mom taught me for dry skin, is a bath in Dreft laundry detergent. It really works! Not only does it reduce the itch for those of us with dry skin, but it creates tons of wonderful bubbles! As a child, I had many a Dreft bath due to Chicken Pox or because of the poison ivy I would often get from picking raspberries off my Grandmother's raspberry bush. Why were the tastiest ones always stuck in the poison ivy?



Dreft was the first commercial laundry detergent, created in 1933 by Procter and Gamble.


Unfortunately it cleans only light stains, so Procter and Gamble tried many different ways to market the wonderful product.



Today it is marketed as a laundry detergent for baby clothes. I bet they never thought of it as a dry skin aid!



Check out this vintage Dreft Laundry Ad. Around the time this commercial was made (1947), Dreft only cost less than a quarter!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Sorry your not feeling well.. I bet you enjoyed your bath though. I would have never thought of using dreft as a bubble bath maker. Love the history behind the detergent as well.. Get feeling better and hope you have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This