Monday, August 10, 2009

Favorite Foods of Famous Stars Arline Judge


Arline Judge (Feb 21 1912 - Feb 7 1974) suggests this great picnic supper including Meat Loaf, Arline's Potato Salad, Water Cress Sandwiches, Brown Bread and Butter Sandwiches, Strawberry Ice Cream, Pirate Patsies, and Coffee. Sounds fantastic. I would eat everything on her menu happily. I might actually have to make some of these items. The only thing I am curious about are what Pirate Patsies are.



By all accounts Arline was a sweet person, who was a great comedian, but could also act in dramatic roles too. She was the go to B and C movie comedian. Her most famous film was George White Scandals.


Every bio I have read about her has insinuated that her personal life lead to her lack of huge success, which included being dropped from RKO in 1933.


Arline was married a record setting 8 times. This is tied with Lana Turner as the most Hollywood marriages. I couldn't do it.


The 5' 2" Arline had the nickname "One Take Sally" because of her skill in front of the camera.



Here is the sweet Arline singing what I think is my current anthem, "If It's Ain't One Thing, It's Another"

4 comments:

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

Hehe, I didn't think anyone could beat Elizabeth Taylor and Lana Turner for their infamous record number of marriages.
Haha, Arline sounds like an interesting person!

Juliette. said...

Thanks for sharing! "One Take Sally" is absolutely one of the cutest things I've ever heard.

Witchcrafted Life said...

She's such a beauty! I haven't seen much of her work, but will have to keep my eyes peeled for her films.

Agreed, that menu is probably the most appealing you've shared with us so far :)

Big hugs & happy Monday wishes,
♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

Except for the spelling of her first name, its the same as as one of my aunts' maiden name.
Miss Judge's last movie was 1963's Crawling Hand. She was lucky enough to get killed by the hand early in a movie that makes other B movies look like Oscar winners.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This